The DCS Engineer will be based in the Perth office with the primary function to provide control systems engineering expertise for all Engineering Design, Integration and Commissioning activities for the site control systems (DCS). This person holds a critical role within the team and must be a customer focused team member providing an extremely high level of technical knowledge and expertise to ensure the successful completion of various brownfield and greenfield projects.
The responsibilities of the role are as follows
- Control Systems Engineering Design, Integration, Programming, Application & Systems Configuration, FAT, SAT and Commissioning activities for site based control systems (DCS, SCADA & PLC).
- Participate and have input into technical reviews, impact analysis, consolidation and tracking for each system.
- Review of completion documentation, test check sheets and red line mark ups.
- Coordination with key members of the team including the internal Engineering staff and client representatives.
- To provide training on control systems to the client and other relevant parties
- Ensure that the systems reflect the clients approved design and all applicable regulatory and code guidelines.
To be considered for this role you must have
- An engineering degree in instrumentation, computer science, electrical or electronic fields.
- Further qualifications in process control, instrumentation or electrical engineering would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Extensive Experience in a wide range of Instrumentation and Process Control technologies
- Extensive Experience working with Distributed Control Systems (DCS – ideally Yokogawa CS3000 or Emerson DeltaV), and the ability to complete complex engineering tasks.
- Significant experience in the configuration and maintenance of Windows based IT infrastructure, complex networks, network management and back-up systems.
- Thorough knowledge of network topology.
- Advanced working knowledge of engineering software
- Strong problem solving and design skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- A customer focused team player
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- A desire to participate in site based activities such as commissioning on a regular basis.